- Speaking about Historical Thinking and its contribution to the peace process one cannot avoid discussing briefly the contradiction between economic crisis and peace. Nearly every war has deep financial roots.
- The world has more than six billion inhabitants. Unfortunately two billion are under the poverty limit. Can this be a guarantee for peace?
The poet reminds us:
- “No man (human being) is an island, entire of itself”.
- Every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main.
- Any man’ s death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind;
- And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee (John Donne, Devotions upon Emergent Occasions, “Meditation XVII”).