Skip to content
- 2022-23: Research Project: Exclusive Politics in Religion.
- 2020-21: Research Project: Religion in time of pandemics.
- 2018-19: Research Project: Religious Education as a location for encountering Pluralism and for developing Identity.
- 2016-2017: Research Project: Women of Orthodox Faith in Cyprus amid Historical Transitions.
- 2015-2016: Research Project: Cyprus: National Identity and Images of Self and Others in History Textbooks.
- 2016… Lectures in Higher Hotel Institute of Cyprus on Hospitality, Tourism, and Religions.
- 2015: Lectures in Cyprus Police Academy (Nicosia).
- 2008… Lectures at the University of Shandong, China.
- 2014-15: Project: Globalization and Religious Diversity.
- 2012: Lectures in Cypriot schools and abroad aiming at promoting Intercultural Education.
Project: Cyprus Presidency of European Union and Intercultural Education.
- 2012-13: Project: Learning with “others”.
Teaching Religious Culture at European schools.
- December 2011:
A bicommunal intercultural seminar in the “House of Cooperation” aiming at giving tools and knowledge to students and young leaders on how to use the opportunities the “Youth in Action” Program offers for implementing national activities and international projects. A seminar sponsored by the National Agency of the “Youth in Action”
– Training for parents in Strovolos district regarding Multicultural Education.
– Lectures and Seminars in Secondary and High Schools regarding Intercultural Education in Cyprus.
- Participation in the project “Dressed for FAITH”, Cross-Border Cooperation within the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI).
- June 2010: “Let us know Istanbul and its Young Leaders! An Intercultural Summer School with Students from Cyprus and Turkey”. A project organized by the Institute of Historical Research for Peace in collaboration with the: Department of Classical Studies and Philosophy (University of Cyprus), Zografyon Greek Lyceum , Global Political Trends Center (GPoT) Istanbul Cultural University, Yildiz Technical University, Rotary Club Istanbul and University of Bogazici (Turkey).
- July 2009: “Let us get to know Cyprus! An Intercultural Bi-communal Excursion with Participation of Students with Cultural Linguistic Difference in Hearing”. A project funded by the Youth Organization (ONEK) Cyprus. Institute of Historical Research for Peace in collaboration with: University of Oslo and Briskeby school (Norway), University of Thessaloniki (Greece) and Justus Liebig University, Giessen (Germany).
- February-November 2009: “Experiencing Values of Multicultural Exchanges with Students with Cultural Linguistic Difference in Hearing” in the frame of the so-called “School for all”. Institute of Historical Research for Peace in collaboration with: University of Oslo and Briskeby school (Norway), University of Thessaloniki (Greece) and Justus Liebig University, Giessen (Germany). A project funded by the “Education and Culture DG: (Youth in Action) Programme, Action 4.3 – Training and Networking”.
- January-November 2008: “My Culture-Your Culture. An Inter-cultural Dialogue Opportunity.” Institute of Historical Research for Peace in collaboration with: Palestinian youth Forum for Cooperation (PYFC), The Young Israeli Forum for Cooperation and the University of Cambridge. A project funded by the “Education and Culture: Youth Programme Action 3, Youth for Europe” and the Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus Government.
- July 2008: Let us get to know each other! An Intercultural Bi-communal Excursion. A project funded by the Youth Organization (ONEK) Cyprus. Institute of Historical Research for Peace in collaboration with: Palestinian youth Forum for Cooperation (PYFC), The Young Israeli Forum for Cooperation and the University of Cambridge.
- October 2006 – June 2008: Research regarding Multicultural Education in Cyprus with special reference to the secondary Education (INISME). Ongoing project.
- 2002-2006: Interreligious Relations between Muslims and Christians in Cyprus with special reference to the Documents of Kykkos Holy Monastery (16th-21th cent.).
- March-November 2005: “Living with the ‘Other’ – Problems and Prospects” Institute of Historical Research for Peace in collaboration with: KAYAD (Turkish-Cypriot NGO), Association for Progressive Education in Honor of Meir Yaari, Israel and BiFV (Bildung für Frieden und Verständigung), Germany. Sponsor: Youth programme Action 1 (Education and Culture), Youth for Europe.
- May 2003: “Non-formal Education for Peace for Youth and NGO Leaders in Cyprus”, in collaboration with Yöneticilik Merkezi and Centre for International Collaboration of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MASHAV).
- March 2003: “Multicultural Education for Peace”, MASHAV Workshop “Strengthening Civil Society through Non-Governmental Organisations”, The Golda Meir Mount Carmel International Training Centre (MCTC), Haifa, Israel.
- 1998-99: Research in North Greece A survey on the status of Muslim Women living in North Greece. Subject: “Socio-legal Status of Muslim Women”. Results announced at the International Congress of the Association of the Studies for South-East Europe (Bucarest 1999).