Skip to content
- To provide information on the importance of examining the past without repeating past mistakes and of course not before realising that decisions are made according to peoples’ historical and psychological background.
- Let us now come to the problem:
Our time is characterised by nationalistic polarisation which prevents peaceful coexistence or respect of differences. Religious differences often prevent a peaceful coexistence. Minority problems, self-determination of groups belonging to the same country, disrespectful treatment of these groups by governments cause usually a special form of disease, the AIDS of hostility among people who normally should be friends.
- The problem of structuring heterogeneous societies in a country cannot be solved without insightful historical understanding.
- The question of the national security cannot be separated from the issue of human security.
- This is the challenge for a creative new form of coexistence in countries with heterogeneous populations, with different values, national, ethnic, linguistic, religious or racial backgrounds.